One of the words that you will hear the most when you are in the software world is Test. The test can be defined as a sequence of actions performed to find errors in a software. This is done systematically, not randomly. This systematic approach can be static or dynamic.
When the literature is examined, there are many definitions for software tests. Some of these definitions have been compiled as follows:
- Software testing is the process of finding the behavior of a program using dynamic methods, using a selected number of test cases within an infinite set of cases, to determine if the behavior does not fit the expected behavior.
- Software testing is the operating period of the developed software for error detection.
- Software testing is a process used to measure the quality of a developed computer program.
- Test is a sequence of actions performed in a planned manner for error detection, a verification method.
- The period during which a software item is analyzed for differences between existing and required conditions and the properties of the software item are evaluated.
- The test is a process to discover the weaknesses or reasonable faults of a software product.
- Finding mistakes in the software developed and showing that they are corrected.
If we reach a common definition with all the definitions in the literature, the test is to show that "the developed software functions functionally, that user needs are provided correctly and that it is free from mistakes, if possible".