Defining business processes, optimization of process objectives in work flows, situational and logical modeling, monitoring and improvement are called as Business Process Management (BPM).
- An unknown process cannot be modeled. Organizational processes should be analyzed and process names should be defined.
- A process that cannot be measured can not be managed. BPM is Improvement Focused management type that measures process activities and results.
- An unmanaged system can not be improved. To manage a process effectively, process activities and outcomes should be measured.
Fundamental factor that creates unnecessary costs in processes are not the slow work of peoples, it is incomplete or missing components of the work for various reasons. The most important "unnecessary" cost resources in processes are;
- High cost operation due to missing information flow
- Pause in work flow due to uncertainties and unconventional situations
- Spending to much time to find required information and documents
- Uncertainty of the owner of the job
As a result to build a health process infrastructure in organization in addition to conceptual improvement technological infrastructure of the organization should be constructed in line with process management systems. In this context Service Oriented Architecture is an applied architectural model.