We call business analysis according to IIBA BABOK v3 in order to remove an issue for an organization, to capture an opportunity or to fulfill a request. The person performing this work is also called a business analyst.
The fulfillment of business analysis activities requires institutions to analyze their work processes in a good way, knowing the way of doing business and business rules. Thus, the business analyst can see opportunities for the organization he is in, solve problems, or fulfill his wishes with root causes.
From this point, we can summarize the tasks that a business analyst needs to perform according to IIBA BABOK version 3 as follows:
- To understand the mission, vision and strategy of the organization
- Acquire strategic objectives
- To develop plans and projects to develop the institution in line with these targets
- Take on the role of a bridge and interpreter between technology teams and management teams
- Following the requests of the units and initiating the activities required for these requests
- To plan and carry out business analysis activities within the project
- Understanding and identifying business needs from outside or inside
- To take out the forms of work done by the stakeholders towards the solution of the need
- Apply business analysis techniques to find the root causes of need
- Developing stakeholder needs for needs
- Documenting needs and requirements
- Developing solution requirements with project team
- Define the change management process for the changes that will occur
- Take an active role in managing changes
- Carry out the duties assigned to it under quality assurance
- Take active role in quality control activities
- Take active role in user training
- Taking ownership of the product after the operation has been
- Providing customer training, consultancy and support through product ownership
- Providing the creation of job analysis work data
Business analysts undertake all or part of these tasks in organizations and projects. Knowing what these tasks are is important for business analysts to do more efficient and efficient work.